Saturday 11 August 2012

Buying Our New Truck

Ok so I set myself some parameters to search and search I did, every day onto cars.com. I was in no rush to buy, this was an advantage as there was no pressure to have a truck, say by next week I could browse to my hearts content. I saved many trucks in my favourites and as expected many were sold, that was fine, again no rush for me. One thing I was mindful of was the length of the bed sometimes described as the "box". There are many lengths to choose from, not just an A and B. For towing a fifth wheel trailer a long bed is preferable it gives you the room to turn and stops the trailer hitting your cab. You can have a short bed truck but a slider hitch is a must. There are manual sliders and auto sliders it just depends on your budget and how much you have to spend. Having spoken to the dealer that sold us our fifth wheel it was put rather simply, you need a long bed, no long bed then you MUST have a slider hitch, or you will basically void your warranty. Makes perfect sense to me. I am no expert at this so if that's what the advice is I will take with both arms.

Its at this point I will mention another web site I found, called Texas Auto Direct it boasts 6 acres of cars and I liked what I saw and spent hours searching their site. As part of my search I came across a site totally dedicated to "bagging" them, it was a real eye opener so I eared on the side of caution and went back to cars.com, I was amazed at the comments on Texas Autos sales tactics. As I was buying a truck from the other side of the world I did not need any issues with reputation.

So it was back to cars.com and I continued searching, day in day out, poor Rose, I was spending most my life looking at an IPad!

We still had 3 months till we left so again no rush, I just wanted to get the knowledge, I was hungry for it and I figured that if I put the time in now that would mean a good truck and a hassle free trip for twelve months.

Then.....




- Posted by RnR on their IPad
Location:Brisbane

No comments:

Post a Comment